Chronic joint pain in dogs, as in cats (which suffer from it less frequently), is mostly due to arthrosis, also called osteoarthritis.
Osteoarthritis is a slowly progressive and debilitating disease that affects canines of all breeds which is characterized by degeneration of the cartilage, hypertrophy of bone at the margins, and changes in the synovial membrane. Pain and decreased mobility resulting from osteoarthritis often have a negative impact on the affected canine’s quality of life, level of comfort, daily functioning, activity, behaviour, and client-pet companionship.
The inflammatory process is associated with oxidative stress, which releases algogenic substances (i.e. that cause pain) within the synovial fluid which changes in consistency, fluidity and function.
The result is an ever greater erosion of the existing cushion between the bony ends (this is, ultimately, the cartilage) leading to increasingly severe and disabling pain.
It affects all age groups: the puppy, especially with joint dysplasias; the adult, due to eating habits (overweight) and excessive effort; the elderly dog due to the physiological deterioration of the joints which progresses slowly and insidiously.
Many factors can alter the balance of the joint system and seriously compromise the mobility of our pet.
The causes of osteoarthritis can be different:
- Predisposing situations, such as genetics or breed
- Triggering situations, such as trauma or disease
- Aggravating situations, such as being overweight, age and joint wear.Regardless of why it occurs, the common denominator of all its manifestations is pain. The process is grave, as the cartilage has no way to repair and regenerate.A third of dogs suffer from joint pathology, but the number of affected subjects could be underestimated, because the owner does not notice the problem.
Identifying the signs of joint pain as soon as possible, with the support of your Veterinarian, can be decisive in slowing down the progression of joint degeneration, the inflammatory process, and therefore reducing pain.
SUPPLEO JOINT COMFORT
Complementary feed for dogs and cats for the well-being of joints and the maintenance of mobility
SUPPLEO JOINT COMFORT represents a valid and innovative aid in maintaining joint homeostasis; contains ingredients selected on the basis of their ability to act in synergy on the multiple mechanisms that determine the establishment of the arthritic process .
The association of Glucosamine , Chondroitin and represents a formulation to support the health of the entire joint system which takes place through:
- the enhancement of the Glucosamine/Chondroitin synergy to support the chondroprotective action , through the reduction of inflammatory cytokines,
- the maintenance of cartilage homeostasis, promoting the inhibition of enzymes responsible for cartilage damage,
- a unique formulation, which allows to decrease the dosage of the ingredients ensuring greater efficiency or greater efficacy at lower doses by intervening on the reduction of pro- inflammatory cytokines
- GLUCOSAMINE AND CHONDROITIN: keep cartilage and connective tissue healthy, improve joint mobility, reduce the effects of physiological wear and tear, resulting in a reduction in joint pain.
- : natural bio-active milk proteins potentiate synergy of D-gluco /Chondro for Chondrocytes protection, increase the reduction of Antiinflammatory markers and Cartilage homeostasis
- Melon juice concentrate, 100% natural, rich in superoxide dismutase (SOD) and catalase , both primary enzymes of the antioxidant defense system.